Last night I attended a great event at the Boston Product Management Association, The Marketing Plan is Dead, by Jon Gatrell of Pragmatic Marketing. For some companies, agile marketing is replacing the traditional waterfall marketing plan. Problem is, agile marketing is a “newish” discipline, so many attendees were left wondering what to do next. Where can you learn more? What companies are successfully using agile marketing today?
To answer that challenge, following is a very short list of my favorite resources:
- Creating an Agile, Data-Driven Marketing Team – A must-watch presentation by Ellie Mirman, VP of Marketing at Toast, formerly of HubSpot – one of the best presentations on how to do agile marketing, period
- Boston Agile Marketing Group (meetup) – Meets once each month and is led by some of the top experts on agile
(disclosure: I help run this group)
- What is agile marketing – Blog post by Jim Ewel
- Agile marketing resource list – Also by Jim Ewel
- HubSpot’s presentation on agile – HubSpot uses agile to varying degrees throughout marketing
- Agile marketing manifesto – Developed a few years ago by agile marketing thought-leaders from around the country
- Monthly Agility Podcast and Agile Marketing Blog – By Frank Days and John Cass
- A quick guide to agile marketing – Blog post by Jeff Julian
- BCG – The Agile Marketing Organization – Just published by the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Syncing marketing with agile development – Discussion from ProductCamp Boston 2013
- Twitter – There’s always something new
Be sure to comment below on additional resources that have helped you.