– By Steve Robins
More Learnings from The Huffington Post
Continued from The Solution Marketing Blog: Is Your SEO Worth $315 Million?
Let’s take a look at the Huffington Post’s SEO strategy as described by the NY Times, and see how it applies to solution marketing:
- Provide value. First and foremost, write content that provides value to your readers.
- Use keywords – within reason. Make sure that you do include relevant keywords in the top few paragraphs of a page or article. Don’t pack in too many keywords or your content will be hard to understand – which won’t help anyone.
- Use catchy and descriptive headlines to get attention where appropriate. Not everything can be catchy, but good headlines will draw readers. Rather than a headline like “Portable Sprocket Solution,” consider a more descriptive title like “Sprocket Solution Provide Anywhere, Anytime Access.” Think about how your solution uniquely addresses customer pain points.
- Let readers share links on social media. The page’s SEO will increase as people link to it via Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
- Tag it! Include a list of hyperlinked keywords (tags) that users click to see related information on your site. You could list these keywords at the bottom of the page. For example, a company that offered a “business intelligence” solution for “healthcare” would use those keywords and tags.
- Link, link, link. Always include links to other pages on your site. While internal, these links still increase the destination page’s rank.
- Picture it. Include photos and images, tag them and watch the images show up on Google search – with links back to the page of course.
- Polling. You could even include a poll on various pages to draw readers in, and then share that poll on social media as HuffPost does.
The Solution Marketing Blog: Is Your SEO Worth $315 Million?
NY Times – Web Words That Lure the Readers
NY Times – Search Optimization and Its Dirty Little Secrets
Chitika Insights: The Value of Google Result Positioning
The Solution Marketing Blog – Improve Your Social Media Skills at IMU
The Solution Marketing Blog: Where The Prospects Are